2.03.2009

On a serious note...

So something very tragic happened to my family this morning, in which some members lost everything they owned because of a house fire. They saved the cars, but the home which was built by their design and welcomed so much love was destroyed. I lived in this home less than a year ago. I just visited them. They are so content with this situation that it's inspiring. They shed no tears today. Not one. It is what it is. It's life. They said if you depend on everything you own for survival, you really have nothing. They value theirselves more than anything. They are still breathing. No one was rushed to the hospital. There weren't any complications due to the smoke. They lost all their furnishings, flat screens, pool table, office furniture, bedrooms, pictures, and sacred, personal files/items. The home was totaled. Totaled. They smiled when I saw them. I hugged them so tight. They kept smiling. I saw God in them. I've known them all my life but this was the first time I was there with them going through something so extreme. God was there. I saw it with my own eyes. We talked about what happened. They laughed. They said when things happen, its for a reason. It was an experience. Everyone has to experience things. It was suppose to happen. God knew it would. Material things mean nothing. They had so much but their lives are worth so much more to me. They are worth so much to so many. At the end of the day you're all you have. I've heard so many people say that before, but I actually felt it for the first time today. If I was only left with me, would I be content with that?
Philippians 4:11-13
11Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
I have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment